application server

Does anyone have (digital) information about the Navision application server? Mail me, or post some links b.beurskens@aca.it thnx Barry

I don’t think that the application server is yet released. I have used it for the Siebel/Navision link. It is basically a Navision client that runs as an NT Service. You use command line parameters to select the function/codeunit that runs. You can run multiple instances to execute more than one task. Each instance takes a database connections. You use integrated NT security to authenticate and assign permission to the tasks running under application servers. Errors go to the event log. Jim Hollcraft NCSD, NCSP, MCSE, CNE, MCP, MST aka Skater drilldot.com Unauthorized Navision News http://www.navision.net/links/redirect.asp?linkid=178 Edited by - Jim Hollcraft on 2001 May 31 18:38:48

You will find information about NAS at User Portal W1 - Product CD NF 2.65. Today Navision has 4 different NAS application, one for each product: Sibel, User Portal, Commerce Gateway and Commerce Portal. (All products are not yet released). In the future it will become one product and the GUI wills disappear. It will run as a service. Per.Bay@navigera.com Product Manager www.navigera.com