Wireless Solutions for Distribution

What are the options for adding wireless/mobile support for the Warehouse/Distribution environment using Navison modules. Thanks, Don

Hi Don, I recently happened to read an article on NAvision.com, it was on new release of Attain 3.60,the distrubution module has a new feature called ADCS(automated data collection system) which involves use of handheld devices working on Radio frequency.I feel the new release notes could help u. Regards, Dharmendra Desai

quote:

Originally posted by bucketdad
What are the options for adding wireless/mobile support for the Warehouse/Distribution environment using Navison modules. Thanks, Don

And I have heard that Navision made some kind of a deal with a hardware supplier for the equipment (IR, …) : some kind of a preferred supplier for the stuff. I don’t know which one yet.

Hi Don The ADCS pdf manual has been recently re-written and describes the setting up of the system with NAS, CSS and the plug-ins. It also tells you of the limitations on LDT(HHT)/RFT’'s. The manual should be available from your NTR over the web.

Also be aware that Navision is working on a preferred hardware provider to directly link up with…very similar to the deal they worked out with Teklogix in Adv. Distribution. No specifics have been given officially, but they are trying to focus on a more readily known, available, and less expensive solution than previously allied with in Teklogix. Can anyone say Symbol?

I can say Symbol…Am a previous employee working with integrator after merger with Telxon. Symbol is what we were presenting before news of new module came out. Now I am looking to find out what is the interface back to this new module. Any help in quickly acquiring the manual would be appreciated. Thanks, Don[:)]

Hi Don If you send me your email address, or post it, I will send you the manual.

D’Oh!!! Does this mean my teklogix equipment may not work with 3.6??? Just shoot me…

Has anyone done an implementation where ADCS is used in 2.60 for Symbol?

According to the Navision folks in the US (as of January 2003), equipment other than Symbol should be compatible with V3.6, but at least right now the only interface being delivered off the shelf is for Symbol gear. That means you (or someone) would have to create the interface for Teklogix. I would check with Lanham & Associates first to see if they’ve addressed this problem before striking out on my own.

Hi everyone, can anybody mail me the manual for the adcs-module? I am unable to find it in our partnerguide. My E-Mail address is Rohoffma@intakt.net Thank you.

I believe the ADCS documentation is in the DOC directory on the 3.60 CD. You should be able to readily get the CD as that is what is distributed for demo purposes.

You´re right. I´ve found it. The problem was the german version had a completly differnt title ;)). Thanks anyway.

I guess I’m lucky. [;)] I only speak English so I can only get confused in one language (but of course I do [:D]).