Manufacturing & Distribution

Has anyone tried to put Manufacturing & Advanced Distribution together at 2.60 (preferably GB versions)? Yes, I know it’s a minefield, I just want to know if I’m suffering alone or not! Cheers John

John As it has now been several months since you posted this exasperated message I was wondering how you have got on. As I understand it several of the key components of Advanced Distribution will be incorporated into Navision 3.0 (Cust Returns, Item Cross Ref, Item Sub, Non-stock items and some components of Location transfers and the extended shipping and receiving functionality) and whilst I don’t currently use Advanced Distribution I do use Manufacturing and I would be interested in hearing the problems you encountered. Cheers Steven Weaver XONITEK Systems (UK) Ltd +44 (0) 23 80641175 (Tel) +44 (0) 23 80641173 (Fax)

If possible, then I would simply wait until Navision Solutions 3.0 is released. It should have this integrated already. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

Erik I will see Navision 3.0 soon, but I was interested in any problems because I can understand it if problems arise making several elements of advanced distribution link smoothly with manufacturing, and if John could share his knowledge forewarned maybe forearmed, although I will of course wait until the software is in front of me! Thanks anyway Steve

You’re right so far that from a sales point of view way wait? But we’ve looked into this and our conclussion was so far that it would be too much work to do it. Not to mention the night mare to upgrade when that day comes. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

Steve, Put simply, don’t go there if you value your sanity! It is a can of worms of monumental proportions. We got the fields in the tables and the shoehorned most of the code into the tables & codeunits afterwards. I was tackling sorting out the two different reservation systems when the client decided it wasn’t a priority after all and so we just commented everything out. Didn’t have time to check it all out and see if it worked or not, just enough to get objects compiled without errors. We’re just about to go back in and try to reactivate just the warehouse management. We’d have liked to have waited for 3.0 but you know what customers are like … Cheers, John