why can't post return order

Today is Sept 29th And I have setup and allow the user can posting from Oct 1st. But when the user post the return order, the error is as below: Posting date is not within your range of allowed posting dates in Item Joural Line Journal Template Batch Name="",Line No. ="0¡°. who can tell me? Thanks.

Hello, Please check your General Ledger Setup. On the General Tab, there should be two fields, “Allow Posting From” and “Allow Posting To”. These global date controls apply to all users, and even if a user has later dates in their own User Setup, they will not be allowed to post after the “Allow Posting To” date. The “Allow Posting To” date will probably turn out to be before 29th Sept. Hope this is of help!

I forget to add the below: We only can’t post the return order. Other documents-order,invoice- posting is ok. The setup is as below: General Ledger setup: allow posting from 9-25 allow posting to 10-31 User setup: allow posting from 10-1 allow posting to :not defined

Umm… I think you just answered your own question. Your “Allow Posting From” is 10/1/03 for that user. The user setup will supercede the General Ledger setup. As to why your other documents posted ok, make sure you’re testing with the same user ID. If your system is not modified, then it will stop you as well.

quote:

Originally posted by EBloom
Hello, Please check your General Ledger Setup. On the General Tab, there should be two fields, “Allow Posting From” and “Allow Posting To”. These global date controls apply to all users, and even if a user has later dates in their own User Setup, they will not be allowed to post after the “Allow Posting To” date. The “Allow Posting To” date will probably turn out to be before 29th Sept. Hope this is of help!

Hi Edward, jsut a correction, its actually the other way around. The user date setting override the Gl date range. This is pretty important, since the otherway around, the User Date range would server no purpose.

It works! I change the workdate from 9-29 to 10-1, and the order header posting date is default shown as 10-1. And it is posted succefully. At first, I didn’t change the workdate and directly input 10-1 as posting date. It failed. I think the two ways is same. So strange!

Hello David, I stand corrected! [:I]