voucher prepayment no record

Dear all,

I try to post prepayment for purchase order.

It’s success but the voucher of this transaction is no records.

I’d like to know that if it’s success posting or not. because I don’t see the voucher transaction.

FYI : I use Ax 2012 R2.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rudy

Hi Rudy,

In GL Parameter, what is the parameter for batch transfer rules. If this is asynchronous then run the batch transfer for subledger journal.

Also, did you checked the voucher transaction from the posted journal? Are entries created there?

Pranav…

Hi Pranav,

Thanks for your help, And it works. I’ve already set it to synchronous in batch transfer rules GL parameter.

But another issues come out after I set this parameter.

It’s all about posting ledger accounting in purchasing.

Refer to your blog, it seems that purchase accrual is required if we set post product receipt in ledger, is it right ?. So it’s a kind of accrual basis accounting in purchasing. (Please correct me , if i’m wrong. because I’m not an accounting expert). The other side the inventory also post the product receipt based on the cost of the product when we receipt( It seems required).

My question is, should we follow this rule in Ax 2012 R2 ?

the second question is , can we do prepayment more than one times. So after we do prepayment and pay the invoice prepayment. and we do again prepayment and pay the second one.

The third question is, how do we do the prepayment for sales side ?. Because some customer can prepayment first than delivery the item.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rudy

Hi Rudy,

I will not say that accrual entries are created here. Accruals are recorded in ledgers to reflect book balance correctly.

It’s actually framework which is new in 2012. Sun ledgers entries are transferred either real time or using batch mode. This has more to do with AX performance. If you have changed the parameter to Synchronous then don’t forget to run the batch job for transferring the subledgers entries which might be leftover.

I will suggest to follow the synchronous mode.

I am not 100% sure for second question, but i believe that multiple pre-payments should be posted. This can be a common business scenario.

For the third question, Prepayment for sales side can be posted by placing checkmark on Prepayment on the payment journal lines invoice tab. Automatically prepayment posting profile will be updated if defined in AR parameter. Again here also multiple pre-payments can be posted.

Pranav…