using 3.7 client to access 3.01 server

Our navision server is version 3.01. Now I want to install 3.7 version client program and use it to access the 3.01 version version. There is the error message: the double-byte character set,code page 936,on your comnputer is not support by this version of Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision. My questions are: 1. Does the 3.7 version not support Chinese double-byte characters? The installation CD disk is issued by MBS SG. 2. Should I update the .stx file etc? If so,how should I get the file and update it? Thanks in advance

You should only use the same version for client and server.

Actually: Executable Only Upgrades It is desirable to install the latest release of the Navision executables at all customer sites that have a maintenance agreement, even if it is not possible to upgrade the objects at the same time. This allows all customers to have the best user experience possible by giving them access to the most efficient and error free version of the executables available. For database versions Financials 2.50 and later, simply opening the database with the new executables will perform the necessary conversion. For earlier versions, it’s necessary to backup the older version database and restore it into an empty new version database. Note that any customer licenses for version prior to Attain 3.01 will require the addition of the Attain Granule to work properly. Always test the customer license before any upgrade. (Statement from Microsoft) Regards, Bruno

if you have this question still,we can talk by mail(shaoke@sina.com). I am a chinese Navision Consultant.