create

My computer is windows xp(Chinese simplified), Sql 2000 language is chinese simplified. when I finished the installation of Navision 3.7b on my computer, i want to create a new database on machine use navision 3.7 sql option, but system report me a double-charactor error, then I have to use patch (fin.stx)from my colleague,after do patch, this question has been resolved and new database has been created. But when I use Navision system tools to restore database by use database.fbk (system supply),I select restore all company data,system report an another error about a field search name with error text. here I have several question need help: 1) why did I can’t use navision sql option to create new database directly after finished navision installation? or tell me how could I get or build the fin.stx patch. 2) which collation should i select? In the New Database - Collation Tab,I cann’t find chinese collation in collation description. btw, after this selection,how could I get a database with server_collation as Chinese_PRC_CI_AS like I create a database directly in sql, I tried this again and again, but I failed. 3) Now I meet the queston on restoring database, How can I go on? if I only restore object, I will not meet question,but I need cronus company data,because I will do some customization using these data. thank you.

Topic moved from Developer to Technical forum.

1. Because Navision does not support double-byte code page languages (nor Unicode). The .stx file modification has been done as a back door for customers who are willing to accept the limitations of using Navision on a dbcs code page. The new fin.stx must be supplied and sealed by your Country office. 2. You should select, for example, SQL collation 51 but many collations will work apart from dbcs collations (because their comparison rules will not be understood by Navision). You should uncheck the ‘Validate Code Page’ option. You could also try the Windows collation ‘Affrikans, English, etc.’ but I have not tried that myself. The collation you choose will have an effect on the grouping of chinese characters, at least that is how it worked with a Japanese case I was involved in. 3. If you are restoring an English backup the above collation should allow the restore. You didn’t say what error you’re getting when restoring.