user menu level table in 2.6 database can not delete it - .stx file error when backing up / restore -

The table “user menu level” from verion 4, accidently got imported to a 2.6 database;

When a Backup is performed an error pops up.

Internal Error: 47 -1 text no. 1961-0 does not exist in the stx file.

How do I get rid of the TABLE ?

I am unable to DELETE the Table since I do not have permission; I can not renumber it;

I am unable to edit the stx file since fin.exe then reports that the checksum is invalid.

Hi

I have had the same issue in the past but I can’t remember exactly how I solved it. I think I did the following;

1. Make a copy of the old version of Navision
  2. Open the copied old version of the Navision database with a 4.0 client (I am not sure if you can open a 2.60 with a 4.0 client, I think I had the issue with a 3.7 database)
  3. Make a backup with the 4.0 client.
  4. Restore the backup into a 2.60 database

Regards

Claus

Hi

I just tested my suggestion and it didn’t work so I tried it another way and it works:

1. Make a copy of the 2.60 version of Navision
  2. Open the copy with a 4.0 client
  3. Make a backup with the 4.0 client
  4. Restore the backup to a SQL database
  5. Close the database
  6. Delete the table “User Menu Level” from Enterprise Manager
  7. Open the table “Object” from Enterprise Manager and delete the two records
  8. Type=0 and ID=2000000061
  9. Type=1 and ID=20000000611. Re-open the database with a Navision 4.0 client and make a backup
  10. Restore the backup with a 2.60 client

Regards

Claus

Would it not be nice to have an open LICENSE file for things like this [:)]

because that table is not used in a system you can export it as a text file, delete all from it (except header part) and import it again?
But, I never saw 2.6v, I don’t know if it’s possible to do txt export/import…

Yes, it would. You solution center might be able to get a temporary license for you (or if you work for a solution center you could ask Microsoft your self) but it is probably faster for you to try my suggestion than wait for that.

Regards

Claus

Yes a lot like C/DART, its a graet thing, but by the time you work out the politics to get it, you may as well restore a backup, and manually re-enter the lost data.