upgrading AddOns

Hi, I have a heck of a time upgrading AddOn objects with a latest improvement. One of our clients is using Navision 3.70 and bought recently the 3rd party Intercompany AddOn from Open Door Tech. I’m trying to upgrade these objects with the latest improvement 027. I’m pretty much done except one single table (table 254). What ever I try (using 027 as a base, or the AddOn as base), I’m all the time getting a permission error: ‘Your programmer license does not permit you to create the From InterCompany field in the VAT Entry table’. I checked my license and I’m able to access the 23000000 range of objects, related to Open Door Tech. AddOns. Some notes: - I used Navision Developers toolkit based on files as a text file. - I even tried upgrading manually as a fob file. - My license file seems to cover the object of this 3rd party objects. Any ideas or thoughts? Thanks, Roelof

Hi Roelof. This surely looks like you don’t have a license to add fields in the addon’s numberseries. Note that even if you can access those objects your license needs to be a “003” license to add fields (the license number should say XX-YY-003 but not XX-YY-004). Try to add this field manually into the table and see if you can save it. If this field’s number is below 10000 then you need an NTR license (or you are merging incorrectly…). One more thought. I once had a field that looked “exactly” as another field in the table and it took me hours to find out I had 2 almost identical fields… Good luck!

Thanks Gudmundur. Let me check this out.

hi You can do one more thing, you Skip that particular object from the text file (VAT Entry table’), and import he file for rest of the object. Manually import the fob of (VAT Entry table’) from the Customized database and chose the merge option, to merge both the objects. This will give all the new fields of 3.70 as well all the fields of the customization. Make sure after merging that the code are intact, or you have to change them manually. Hope this will help Hari

When you import 3.60 version at 3.70 import said Merge. This action create new fields in add-on number. Then, you must text compare 3.70 “pseudo-add-on” version and 3.70 version to merge correct funcionality (import file creted with Development Toolkit) Best regards from Bcn i Salut a tothom. Agustí

Hi Hari, Yes, that did the trick. Normally I’m a bit worried about using merge but in this case it was the only way to update my objects. Thanks all, for the support. Roelof.