Translation problems after upgrade

Hello,

I upgraded from NAV 2013 (french) :

4670.From2013.png

4670.From2013.pngto NAV 2016 (french) :

2308.To2016.png

I have the following troubles with translations :

The content of all pages is translated in french but :

• The Ribbon contains contains always some english text like : New, Edit, View, Delete …
  • The Navigation pane does not translate “Role center” and “Home”
  • The Application Menu is in english

I’m connected in language = french. When I select Language = English, Nav starts in french again.

I also installed a 2016 Demo and there is no problem of translation and I can change language.

Any hints would be welcome !

Sounds like it’s related to the role center profiles. I’ve seen this too in the Danish version (and even in the UK version).

What happens if you change the role center?

Thanks!

First to answer your question : Even if I associate another Rolecenter, a standard one, the problem remains the same.

Sorry but it seems not to be an upgrade issue :

Because I have moved the database on a cloud so I can work on it from any location.

But the upgrade has been done on my laptop and there is no translation problem !

I re- restored the database on the cloud but the result is the same : the elements I indicated in my initial post are not translated - all the other things on pages etc are translated.

I again made the whole upgrade process and this time I have no translation issue any more :slight_smile:

The upgrade process is inspired by http://saurav-nav.blogspot.fr/2015/10/microsoft-dynamics-nav-2016-data.html

Thanks to this Bolg !

For the reason why it did not work before - I don’t know : I wonder if made an error when importing the upgrade tool ? :

UpgradeToolKit\Data Conversion Tools\Upgrade700900.fob

rather than :

UpgradeToolKit\Local Objects\Upgrade700900.FR.fob

Would this have the consequences I described ?

Glad it works now - Thanks again for your help …

Happy it works now. Yes, if you didn’t use the .FR.FOB then you don’t get the correct captions in those objects.

I just discovered that even if all the translations in french are ok - I still can’t change to english language - any ideas ?

Did you also install the French language on the NAV server and clients?

If you used the individual install options rather than the demo, then the language packs are not installed.

Check that you have the:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\90\Service\fr-FR

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\90\RoleTailored Client\fr-FR

(or whatever is used in France) folders.

You can also check if you can change language in the Development Environment.

You find the language packs in Installers folder on the product dvd.

Gustav, did this solve your problem? If yes please verify the answer(s) that helped you.