TCP/IP error

I have a user connecting through VPN and when they click on the navision shortcut the get the following message (There was a timeout in an attempt to establish with the server"TCP/IP error E timed out" I have check the shortcut target line to make sure that it is pointing to the server any other ideas out there ? Dave

Have you tried to PING the server? Per.Bay@navigera.com Product Manager www.navigera.com

I agree with Per; the VPN tunnel could take longer time to establish than the client program (Citrix?) accepts. Sun Microsystems SKIP starts fast. IPSek starts slowly, wanting a little more then 10 seconds. One idea is to put the client program as part of a bat. file, that first runs ping 20 times (ping -n 20 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx), then launches the client. Good luck! Pelle

I have the same problem. Everything worked great in NF2.6, but the client times out now that we are on 3.10B. I tried the 20x ping without success. Can anyone out there share a tip to make this work? [:p]

Try specifying nettype=tcp in the Navision shortcut. There’s obviosly a ton of other factors but this solved the problem for us.

quote:

Originally posted by pelle
I agree with Per; the VPN tunnel could take longer time to establish than the client program (Citrix?) accepts. Sun Microsystems SKIP starts fast. IPSek starts slowly, wanting a little more then 10 seconds. One idea is to put the client program as part of a bat. file, that first runs ping 20 times (ping -n 20 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx), then launches the client. Good luck! Pelle