® symbols in Navision display differently in clients Navision 3.7

Hi All

Please could you help me we are trying to display the ® symbol in Navision. The problem is that across 3 clients each is displays a different charcacter. If the edit the record so that they can see ® symbol then the other 2 clients cant see it. Instead of displaying ® one displays a square box and another displays E.

We are trying to display the ® across all machines.

Please could you let me know where to start looking for the problem.

Office 2003 service pack 3 across all machines ® displays fine in word/excel.

Navision doesn’t support Unicode, so you can enter ® only as Alt-0174 (numbers must be keyed in from numeric keypad).

And even then it depends on which language is set for non-Unicode characters in Regional Settings, what will be show on screen - ® or some garbage, that for you have got different results on different PCs.

Looked in control panel\ regional settings cant see any option for non unicode characters. Where can i find this option please.

Many MANY MANY thanks this has resolved my issue.

Some were set as UK and some to US, set them all to US and now they all see ®

Thanks again

Control panel \ Regional and Language options, Advanced tab. It’s all about non-Unicode settings, usually language set up there corresponds to Windows locale, but not neccesarily.

PS The above is for WinXP… and which version of Navision you use? (as only v4 SP3 latest builds and up run on Vista or Win7, but ALL existing Navision versions doesn’t support Unicode).