Supplementary item

Hi All

I am using the weighted avg as “Inv. Model Group” and “Latest Purchase price”, i want to know how i can take the supplementary item into the inventory. If i manipulate the price at the purchase order, its avg. price and latest purchase price will effect. Can you advise me how i can input the supplementary item in to the inventory without effecting the prices.

thanks

Plz advise

Can you explain what you want with an example and what the issue is - it is not clear what your question/issue actually is.

The supplymentary item is nothing but that you are receiving the item from the supplier @zero price.

Yes, the supplementary item are those item which we received from the vendor at zero price. So i will receive those item in the system. If i am receiving it at zero price will it costing effect as in the Inv Model group i am using the weighted average method.

In AX i saw the supplementary Item- in the setup of Inv Management module.So, My Question is:

1. How we receive the supplementary item in the system.

2. What is the effect on the costing of the inventory

3. If i you the “Latest purchase price” check mark what will be the effect.

4. What is the option under InV. Management/ setup/ Supplementary item.

Please explain me Thank you very much

Yes it will impact on costing and correctly from the perspective of an average costing method - the vendor has given you free items reducing the overall cost of your inventory.

Latest cost price is at invoice, so it depends upon how this is processed.

Supplementary item is not related to your scenario here because it is a separate item.

that means we can receive these supplementary item on PO by puting the zero price.

thanks

Yes and it will correctly impact on your average cost.

Thanks Adam, for your usual support.

Can you tell me what is this supplementary item then…

thanks

A supplementary item is an item that could be sold or purchased and is related to an item, using a function you can add it to the order line.

can u expalin a bit more

Read chapter 2 of the Trade and Logisitcs II manual (AX2009) for a full explanation.

Not sure what your “more” is, it is an item related to another item and can be added to a slaes line through a function.