Session Killing

I have 2 issues related to session killing in Navision 3.70 Native DB. 1. How to kill idle Navision sessions remotely on Navision’s Server. 2. Even when network is disconnected those sessions are not killed .How to kill such sessions automatically ?

Maneet, 4.0 allows you to kill sessions even with native DB. You need at least a technical upgrade to 4.0. /Karl

Correct, 3.70 doesn’t do what you are looking for.

Hi Maneet9, I can fully recommend the 3rd part tool Auto Close Idle http://www.autocloseidle.com/ //Pelle

Hi maneet, working on Native database, if restarting the service doesn’t effect ur working then this can also be followed at times. This closes all session, the only disadvantage of doing so. Note: never try it during peak hours…else u will surely loose ur job

Hi maneet, First let me tell the solution of the first query about “session killing”.Session killing can be easily done with a help of a 3rd party tool.You can find some information in the website as given below: “www.expandit.com”. Let me consult some of my friends on your second query and will get back to you soon. Thanks, Prabh Singh