Scrap not calculated correctly

The Scrap is not calculated correctly on Production. For example on the Production BOM, I set Item 1 has the components of 100 Item 2 plus Scrap % =2. Whenever I finish production of Item 1, I get two consumption lines for Item 2 Qty =102 and Qty = 2. I am using Back flushing. The components amount shows correctly with right scrap amount on Production order>Line > components. I did not define the scrap % anywhere else. There were once, the scrap is calculated correctly with the same setting. For another item, the scrap is always calculated correctly. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. Trin

Hi What version are you running? Do you have the scrap % on the item card populated (although as standard this should not affect the calcualted consumption)? This is different to the setting on the Production BOM. Also do you have any scrap % defined against a WC or MC in the routing? This will affect consumption, but again I believe it is done as one line. Also in the routing are all steps back flushed and are you using routing link codes? Finally, any modifications in this area?

Hi Steven, I am doing this on a clean 4.0 databass. I do not have any routings set up. No Scrap % is setup on item card. Thanks, Trin

Hi Trin Looks like it is an issue with version 4.0. It does not happen with manual flushing, but with back flushing it adds the scrap to the consumption line and then doubles it up with an individual line entry. Nothing about it on the MBS support area but you may want to report it just in case it is not resolved in the service pack being launched for version 4.0. I have also logged this in the known issues forum.

Hi Steven, Thank you so much for your help. Trin

Hi Steven, This is a bug and MSB does have a fix code for it. Thanks Trin