Sales Returns question

Using Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 with Advanced Warehouse and Production Orders.

Hi. I am looking at implementing the Returns process using NAV and I am not sure how we deal with the stock.

Generally, when we receive stock back from the customer, we rework it and ship it back to the customer.

1. We create a Sales Return Order for the items being returned
  2. We add a line for the same item with a negative value and then select Move Negative Lines in order to recreate a Sales Order so we can ship the corrected stock back to the customer
  3. We create a Warehouse receipt from the Sales Return Order page (action tab) and post the receipt
  4. We create a Production order (with a special number series for Reworks) which contains the ops needed to rework the returned items.

Questions:

1. Should the Rework Production Order have Components?
  2. If we run the Production Order, it will create more Items in stock (in addition to the stock received already)
    1. Should I have not created a receipt?
  3. Does NAV record a link between the Return Order and the Sales Order generated from the Move Negative Lines action (for traceability)? If so, where does it get recorded?
  4. Does my return process look correct?

Thank you

David K

Using a test company I did the following:

• I received the return order items and put away into a Quarantine area
  • In the Rework Production order, I entered the item number (of the type being returned) as a component
  • I added a routing link code to consume the quarantined stock at the first production order routing line
  • I then picked the stock for the rework production order from Quarantine
  • Finishing the production order outputs the completed items back into stock ready for shipment.

Now I have

• A sales return order
  • A new sales order
  • stock received for the Sales return into quarantine
  • A rework production order
  • consumption of the quarantined stock
  • output of good stock
  • shipment
  • credit note after posting the return order
  • a new invoice for the sales order

I’m a happy chappy [:D]

Thanks