Sales lines explosion functionality in AX 2009

Hello All,

I am doing the explosion of sales order line(Sales Line(line item type is BOM) → Inquiries – > Explosion -->Update–> Marking and Reservation → Ok), its creating the production order. But it is not creating any Sales order reference to that work order. Work orders → Reference tab → Reference number is empty.

if we are creating the production order from Sales Line → Inquiries → Production. it is working and i am able to see the sales order reference is created for the production order.

Can any one tell me what is the reason and is there any setup required to make it work.

Thanks in advance…

– Ven.

Hi Folks, any ideas?

Your coverage group of the sellable item needs to be requirement, otherwise the order is treated as a soft supply demand relationship and whilst it is pegged it is not really related and movements in the plan can cause a realignment of the supply-demand relationship.

Hi AdamRoue,

Thanks for the reply…

As you said coverage group is set to Requirement only.

But it is not creating production order directly, instead it is creating planned work order.

Is there any other setup that need to check.

Thanks in advance…

If you want it to skip the planned step then you need to set the firming time fence to be greater than your demand date, so if you want to auto-firm all orders in the next 5 days you set this to 5. However with this there are complexities and you have to understand the inter-relationships of the time fences and your configuration. For example your negative days of 2 would impact on an auto-firm of 5.