RTC Purchase Order Archive List Missing Purchase Order Number ("No.")

Hi All,

We are running RTC on NAV 2009 and I have been asked to add the Purcahse Order Number column to the Purchase Order Archive list. I thought this would have been there already but it is not and it does not appear to be an option in the field chooser. Can anyone help?

Thank you!
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

you have to use the classic client, open the object designer (Shift + F12) then select pages on the left. Search for the page with ID 9347, click design. You’ll see a list of the fields already shown on the page now set the cursor into one of these lines (for “No.” mabye the first line would be suitable) and select View->“Field Menu”. Hilight the field you want to insert and then click back in the other window. The system will prompt you wether you want to assign the selected field(s) - click yes and you should be done.

Regards,

Jan

Dear Jan,

Thanks so much for your help! That all makes sense. I did all that and added in a new field with “No.” in it. I save and compile the modified object but when I go to test it in RTC there is no change. Is there something I need to restart or refresh to make the changes ‘live’?

I have of course checked that I was editing the right company / database.

Many thanks,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

hm, normally that should work. Maybe you must edit another page? Check the page you want to edit this way: open the page you want to edit in RTC and press Ctrl + Alt + F1 a new window will show up in which you can check ´which page is opened. Is this the page I mentioned above?

Regards,

Jan

Jan,

I get the following information:

About This Page: Purchase Order Archives

Page: Purchase Order Archives (9347)

Page Type: List

Page Mode: View

Source Table: Purchase Header Archive (5109)

So it looks like it is the right document…but the view in RTC is very very different to the one that the Designer looks like. Designer looks like classic.

The main issue is that when I go to ‘Choose Columns’ the ‘No’ field is not there. This suggests that the underlying object is not being given that field to use. Should I somehow be looking at the 5109 object?

If I open the 5109 Table Object I see that the field is included:

Enabled | Field No. | Field Name | Data Type | Length

TICKED 3 No. Code 20

Why would this not be showing up as an available column in RTC?

Thanks for all your help Jan. Really appreciated.

Daniel

OK, when you say the designer looks like classic client I’d say that you are designing a form not a page…could this be possible? Can you otherwise upload a screenshot from the object you’re editing?

Jan - you’re right. I’m so dumb. All fixed now.

I forgot there can be multiple objects with the same number so just opened the first one I found.

What a lovely first experience I’ve had on this forum.

** THANK YOU! **

You’re welcome :slight_smile: