rtc Dynamically Hide/Show fields

Hi,

how can I rtc Dynamically Hide/Show fields in RTC.

Like.

IF ShowAllFields then begin

Field1Visible := True;

Field2Visible := True;

end else begin

Field1Visible := false;

Field2Visible := false;

end;

CurrPage.Update(false);

Field1Visible are Booleans with the Property IncludeInDataset = Yes

Is this possible in RTC?

Dieter

How to set the visible property of a control in the page?

At first I thought It should be the same with the method in the classic. But when I continue, I found it wasn’t. We can not use this method: Currpage.“Page Control”.Visible := True. You will got the error:" You have specified an unkown variable. Visible". At last, I check the help documents and with a long long router, I got it. I want to share it with my friends. That’s all. Please check the solution underneath.

My steps:

1. Define a globe variable “IsVisible” and set its “IncludeInDataSet” property be “yes”.
  2. Set the property visible of the control in the page be “IsVisible”
  3. create a function SetVisible (var visible : Boolean) to set the value of the variable “IsVisible”
    4.Before calling ListPage.RunModal = Action::LookupOk, I call that function first. Such as:
    ListPage.SetVisible(Visible);//Visible is a local variable in the call page.
    If ListPage.Runmodal = Action::LookupOk THEN BEGIN …bla.bla.bla…

It is one of my journal…

Hoping this will be usefull.

Cheers.

Notice:

It seems that we can not use this method after the initialize of the page cotrol is finished. We must use it before the initialize of the control. In my artical I assign the value for the globe variable before I call the ListPage.Runmodal.

Hey thanks for ur Reply, but it wasent the excat solution i was looking for.

I solved it with an extra Group. Its possible to show / hide a complete group at runtime.

I checked you solution and it works in a Card Page.

Does anybody know if this solutions can be applied in a list (and control it from the Card)?

I have the same problem. The solution is not works for List pages.

But the other solution could a convenience method, to integrate every field, what depends from a visible condition into a group. The group could use this IsVisible condition correctly, but the individual field is not. Strange. [8-)]