Rounding op or down issues with dynamica nav

If I enter an amount like 144.35. The system round it down to 144

if I enter an amount like 144.55. the system will round it op to 145.

Can someone tell me how change the settings so the system won’t round op or down anymore?

Many thanks

Munim

Hi

I think Its because Rounding Precisions are setup like that in your application.

Inv. Rounding Precision (LCY) Field

The General Ledger Setup

Here you can specify the size of the interval to be used when rounding amounts in your local currency.

You can also specify invoice rounding for each currency in the Currency table.

I have set it to 0.01, but it is still no help. can you tell me the steps of how to do that please?

Hi Munim,

just to be sure: did you restart your client after changing the rounding prescision in g/l setup? I think that the global rounding is located in CU 1 which is single instance (meaning is only initialized once per session).

Regards Jan

I keep getting this warning when trying to change the “inv. rounding precision” field from the current 1.0 to 0.01.

Any suggestions?

which warning?

Sorry, Warning says “inv. rounding precison (LCY) must be rounding to the nearst 1”

so it does not even allow me to change it so I can restart the client

Check your local currency settings

i suppose you should define the minimum currency term.

No idea what you call it. We have Rupees the higher level and Paise the minimum level.

Check it whether defined…??

None helped,

Where do I check loca currency settings?

How do I define the minimum currency term?

can anyone login to my PC through teamviewer?

thanks

Munim

I know where the above are, but just in case I forget something, it would be good if you descriped better, just in case I missed something. This is suppose to be simple :slight_smile:

go to FM and Cash mgmt – Bank AC --Posting tab – Cu Code

Set correct Decimal Description Amount Decimal places this may solve your prob if i am correct

I am not able to choose a CU code, since the balance is not zero.

problem still exist

Just to let you know, that we are only using the local currency so far

I have just created a “test” new company. and it worked fine, which means, I could easily change the rounding to 0.01

but on the existing one, I could not do that. Any ideas anyone?

Just a suggestion, could it be because, I have also posted some transaction with the rounding of 1. so as far as some transactions are already posted, one can not change it again. could this be true

how’s the setup in your Currencies?

Amount Rounding Precision
Amount Decimal Places
Invoice Rounding Precision
Invoice Rounding Type
Unit-Amount Rounding Precision
Unit-Amount Decimal Places
Appln. Rounding Precision

how’s the setup in your Currencies?

Amount Rounding Precision : 0.01

Amount Decimal Places : 2:2

Invoice Rounding Precision : 1.0, THIS IS THE PROBLEM, THIS SHOULD BE 0.01, BUT WHEN TRYING YO CHANGE IT, YOU GET THIS ERROR "INV ROUNDING PRECISION (LCY) MUST BE ROUND TO THE NEAREST 1.

Invoice Rounding Type : Nearest

Unit-Amount Rounding Precision :0.01

Unit-Amount Decimal Places: 2:5

Appln. Rounding Precision: 0.00, this can be changed if I want.

Hope you can help, as the issue is not solved yet.

Cheers

Munim