ROLES AND PERMISSIONS

Hi! is there any available guide or Matrix showing the Roles and Permission and its counterpart to the different modules of NAV 5. For example, i want to see what are the needed roles that the user should have for him to be able to export files to excel or roles that the user should carry if he wants to create Bank Reconciliation. is there any available matrix for this one? Thanks!

FYI. The example above is not the only roles that i want to know, its just an example. i want to know all the the information regarding roles and permissions that’s why i’m looking for a matrix. Thanks for your understanding. [:D]

Hi Paulo,

Unfortunately, answer is NO.

It is the Name of the role, which can give you an idea about the purpose of the role, nothing more than that is available.

Earlier there used to be some NAV objects (tools) in 70000 series (either on PartnerSource, mibuso or DUG) for creating new role, I don’t know the link to those.

There is nothing as standard but you may be able to use Tables 2000000004: User Role and 2000000005 Permission to create a read only form / subform or a grouped report.

David

It was called User Rights Setup tool, released in 2003 for ver3.7, but it worked only with DB logins (not Win integrated), and is discontinued now.

Hi, Thanks for your replies. The only thing that i can do now is to used and access the tables before i assign permissions to our users. Again, Thanks for you time.