Restrict No of Qty in Production Order esp for items with LOTALL

I would like to restrict the number of Qty in my Production Orders to not exceed a certain value set as limit. If the limit exceeds it should trigger workflow approval. The reason to limit this is to reduce the number of lines in Ledger Entry and Value Entry Table during production.

Set your Maximum Order Quantity on the Item. When the Planning Worksheet makes its suggestion, it will not exceed that number. No approval workflow needed.

Just a question lets say the Customer Places a Sales Order of 10 M Qty for Item A and i have set the maximum qty as 3 M. But when the Sales Order is processed for Production it will restrict to 3m though the SO is of 10 M?

Correct, so you will have the following:

Prod. Order 1 - Qty 3M
Prod. Order 2 - Qty 3M
Prod. Order 3 - Qty 3M
Prod. Order 4 - Qty 1M

If you want to control the variable amount made (final Prod. Order), you could use an Order Multiple, such as 2M. Doing so would get five (5) Prod. Orders all for Qty 2M.

Best Regards,
Ben Baxter

Hi there is one issue in my Item Setup. These items are Make to Stock (Finished and WIP) items. Also the Reordering Policy is set to Order. Thus the maximum quantity field is greyed out. Is it ok if change my Re-order policy to Lot to Lot as we already have Lot All setup under the item tracking for these items?

Your Item Tracking policy has no relation to the Reordering Policy.

You are correct, in order to use the Max. Order Quantity you would need to switch to Lot-for-Lot, or one of the other stock Reorder Policies. I cannot tell you which policy is best for your specific needs. Lot-for-Lot will be closest to your current Order policy.

For the best information on MRP setup it is best to have a meeting with your Business Central partner.