Report Designer: change a property of more items

Is it possible to change a property that has the same value for more than one dataitems (label, textbox, picture box, ecc.) selecting them all and changing the desired property ONCE? (for example when I have to change the font of an entire report or when I have to increase the fontsize of all the dataitems in a report; since now to do this I always selected each textbox or label singularly and changed the desired property) Thanks, Martin ?

As annoying as it is, you can not edit properties common to multiple objects by selecting them, and then viewing their properties. At least not in any version up to 2.60. I haven’t tried it in Attain, but I suspect you can’t do it there either. You could export the report to a text file, and do a search and replace, and then reimport. If you have a Developer’s License. That’s the best solution, I’m afraid. cheers, Matt.

Matt, I just checked Attain. You’re right, you still can’t do it there either. And unfortunately, even changing the font information in a text export may not be easy. The font information is not explicitly defined unless in the layout some font property has been changed from the default. If the font properties on a field used the default, the text export won’t mention any font properties for that field. So a simple search and replace won’t suffice. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

I find it sad that Navision refuses to step up to the plate and fix things that would greatly help us Devlopers. Sadly, they seem to only concentrate on what drives sales and little more. Navision is a fantastic product. However, the development system is largly unchanged (read unimproved) for the past 3 years. Bill Benefiel Manager of Information Systems Overhead Door Company billb@ohdindy.com (317) 842-7444 ext 117