Process Industry

How do I setup the following conditions? Work centers MT1 - Can mix 40 tons of compound MT2 - Can mix 40 tons of compound MT3 - Can mix 20 tons of compound MT4 - Can mix 20 tons of compound Items CPD1 - Compound 1 need to be mixed for 72 hours not matter what work center used CPD2 - Compound 2 need to be mixed for 40 hours not matter what work center used How do I setup 1. Work ceter group time tab and work ceter time tab? 2. In Route version, how do I set up the time tab for a particular compound? 3. If I group MT1 and MT3 to produce CPD1 how do I setup point 1 and 2? Many thanks!!

Hi Mkkuan, You say ‘Compound 1 need to be mixed for 72 hours not matter what work center used CPD2 - Compound 2 need to be mixed for 40 hours’ For this part of your problem I’d refer to the ‘queue times before’ or the ‘set up time’ in the routing. Just a general question of my own, how long have you been working with AX ? Monty

Hi Monty, just couple of months now. Thanks for the hint

Further question. Let say I group

Work center

MT1 - capacity of 40 ton

MT3 - capacity of 20 ton

as MTG1

How do I specify in the route version time for item CPD1 (which takes 72 hours to mix) which uses work center MTG1

Setup time : 72

Run time : 0

Process qty : 60 ton?

Problem 1 :

For every batch of 40ton for MT1 and 20ton for MT3 we need setup time of 72 hours. What happen if the production order calls for production of 120 ton.

I am going to test this condition today to determine whether it is going to do one time setup of 72 hours for 120 ton or every 60 ton a recurring setup.

Tested. One time setup of 72 hours for 120 ton which is wrong.

How do I get the following result?

72 hours - MT1 - 40 tons

72 hours - MT1 - 40 tons

72 hours - MT3 - 20 tons

72 hours - MT3 - 20 tons

a total of 6 days (144 hours) as MT1 and MT2 run together.

Is AX not suitable for process?

Hi Mkkuan, I haven’t had time to look at your test but your comment regarding the Process industry is interesting. Have you heard of Full Scope ? http://www.fullscope.com/ It is an add on for AX which is supposed to provide further functionality especially orientated to process industries. Cheers Monty