Problems with Navision Debugger

Hello together !

Anyone seen such a problem on other machines :

When I try to debug Navision Code, the Debugger pops up but all windows stay empty.
No matter if running this with 3.70 or 4.0 versions.
Navision sems to start the debugger but cannot connect after that to send over the code and variable information.

No matter if I switch on the Windows Firewall or switch it off. It is a kind of funny.

Does anyone out there have any idea how to start solving that problem ?

Oh yes, I do NOT have CITRIX installed [:D]

Isn’t that a license issue?

One the guys here had the same problem, caused by Zone Alarm, not sure if you have that installed?

Another one was caused by Citrix Gateway??? I know you say you don’t have citrix installed, but he said the same thing, till he found the gateway.

I absolutely do not even know where I could have gotten that citrix gateway from.

And I don’t think that this is a license issue as it works on my notebook with the same license.

And another fancy thing: Today it works [:’(]

I’m used to the fact that I’m not able to debug certain codeunits from time to time, that the debug screen stays blank. But the thing from yesterday was quite crazy. I could not debug anything anymore.

Today the debugger runs and communicates between Fin.EXE and ATDEBUG.EXE and the ports 1503 and 1504.

The only difference I noticed was that yesterday I had one more network connection in my network connection list: For the Microsoft Webcam on IP 0.1.0.5/255.255.255.255. This connection is now gone.

Seems that this could have been the problem.

I will close this issue for now and reopen it as soon as I find out more and the problem occurs again.

Thx to everybody !

I know you already have closed the topic…But I had some issue with Navision debugger in the past …kind of similer to what you had…blank screen and then the debugger just freezes…

the couple of times it happened was when some other program was running and I started teh debugger…and they both just freezed…

For example…I was working on a 15page Pdf and the printing …while doing that I also debugged a progra, in Navision and yes, my debugger came up very slowly with blank output and when I switched between screens , I couldn’t back in the debugger and had to close Navision altogether…

Same thing happened when I went to a new location and typed teh new IP address to access the network…

just thought I would share it …

I’ve noticed similiar problems. Although, in the cases that I have seen it, it just freezes for a while, and then the debugger finally comes up.

You may want to check whether a dialog box is popping up, but is behind the current windows. I’ve seen many Windows apps that seem they are crashing, but it really is just waiting for some input. When that happens, minimize all windows and check for a dialog box.

A little more info regarding the exact behyvior of the debugger:

It took quite long for the debugger to pop up. But after it came, I had no problems playing around with it. Like showing and hiding stuff in the View menu. Resizing all the subwindows. Looking into the info screen and finally even closing it.

Only thing: It was like Word when no document is open. The menu items are mostly disabled.

Then I closed teh debugger. It took quite some time and then it popped up again. Same story. I had full control and could even close it.

This happened a few times and then I did get control back to Navision poping up an error there. (The one which I tried to debug.

I had the same issue and dutifully logged it with Microsoft as a support request. They got me doing all kind of stuff with my Virus checker and Firewall and even suggested Amyuni PDF converter was at fault. I became more and more frustrated and ate up a lot of time.

Then I was smart enough to search on mibuso and within 5 minutes found this thread.

A quick look in my Add/Remove programs showed an entry called “Advanced Gateway Client” from Citrix Corp. I uninstalled this and - guess what - my debugger started working again!

What a great forum. I closed my support call with Microsoft and suggested they should use mibuso in future. [:D]

you meen dynamicsusers.net? :slight_smile:

You mean they’re not the same thing? [8-)] My only post and it’s on the wrong site! [:P]

I suppose it’s some kind of client-server troubles.

I do have Norton AV on my PC. Having the same debugger problem, I’ve got message from Norton AV. It told me that some worm attdebug tried to sneak thru port 3129

You should be able to add AtDebug.exe to a list of excluded programs on your configuration for Norton AV. For me - my Anti-virus was not blocking the communication.

Well actually you are on the right site.

This site used to be known as MBSOnline there was some confusion, and a lot of people thought it had been renamed to mibuso, but that is a different site.