Problem with COGS

I have a problem getting COGS to work. I use the cycle sales order → purchase order → purchase invoice → sales invoice. My settings are Automatic Cost Posing: YES, Expected Cost Posting: NO.

When I post my purchase invoices, the correct costs are posted. When I post my sales invoices, the COGS is not posted.

Our company never has stock, so the sales order will lead to negative stock wich is then replenished by the purchase.

If it matters: I am using NAV 2009 (no updates applied).

Any clues?

Have you run teh Adjust Cost Item Entries batch job?

When you say no costs are posted looking at the transactions against the sales order this is 0.00 or does not exist or goes to a different ledger account?

What costing method?

With no costs are posted I mean that no G/L entries are made for the COGS at all.

When I run the Adjust Cost Item Entries batch job the G/L entries are posted correctly, so setup is not that bad :slight_smile:

The costing method is FIFO.

I found the solution ([:D])

I had to set the Automatic Cost Adjustment to ‘Always’.

The problem probably was that when creating the sales order the cost for the article was 0 because the article had never been purchased yet and this cost probably got copied to the sales invoice without updating.

What confused me is that the product showed a correct cost price after purchasing. Appearantly this (newer) cost price is not used when creating (and booking) the sales invoice but the older (zero) cost price that existed on creation of the sales order is used instead.