Problem viewing the Chart of Accounts form (16) when record level security on table data for GL entries (table 17)

Hi All

I have encountered a problem using Record Level Security on the GL entries table. I have created a role which restricts the GL entries the GL entries table. I did this by setting an Object Type of Table Data for Object ID 17. I have set the Security filter as follows: G/L Entry: Global Dimension 1 Code=WEH. WEH is a global 1 dimension value that I want to filter on. I applied the role to a user.

When I navigated to the Chart of Accounts form (16) I get an error message that I do not have permission to acess the GL entry table.

When I navigated to the GL entries via another form I can see that the GL entries are filtering correctly, only showing WEH transactions.

We are using NAV 2009 SP1. I have only used the Classic client to test the permissions so far.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

On the form on which you are encountering error message, set the permission property to view the G/L Entry table.

Cheers!

Hi, Mike and welcome to forum!

Not knowing what tasks performs these your users, for whom you wish to set such a filter on G/L, it’s hard to estimate, but normally GL should not be filtered in such a manner - first, not showing ALL entries will always lead to GL seeming to be “out of balance”, second, what if for any reason GD1 is not correctly set or left blank?

Usually such filtering is used in other Ledgers, not GL, to separate different “responsibility zones” or showing to user only his own transactions (Invoices for example).