PR Workflow

Hi,

When I create a purchase requisition and even before hitting the "submit " button, I have the error message message.

" Field ‘Category’ must be filled in". What do I have that message as I am working with a stock item not a Procurement category itm?

This is because the requisition purpose is Consumption.

In Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2, the concept of a requisition purpose has been introduced. A requisition purpose allows for more flexibility in how requisition demand can be fulfilled. When you create a requisition, you can assign one of two purposes to it: consumption or replenishment. The default purpose is consumption. This is equivalent to a purchase requisition in earlier versions of Microsoft Dynamics AX, where the replenishment purpose was not available. Depending on the requisition purpose and how your organization is set up, requisition demand can be fulfilled by a purchase order, transfer order, production order, or kanban.

Reference: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg231099.aspx

Hi Kiran, it is strange as when I change the default purpose using replenishment , i dont see anymore the unit price for my stoch item as it appeared before. So what is the reason for have “replenihment” and " consumption?

I really dont get it. I want to be able to use the PR for both Stock item ( that has purchase price or no) and procurement category.

So how am i supposed to setup the requisition rule? Thanks

Yes, that is because of the following:

A requisition that has a purpose of replenishment represents a demand to replenish inventory. For example, you might create a requisition to replenish items so that they can be sold at a specific retail location at a specific time. The demand can be fulfilled by a purchase order, transfer order, production order, or kanban. When the requisition purpose is replenishment, demand is expressed as a quantity instead of a monetary amount. Therefore, encumbrance accounting, budgetary control, business rules for fixed asset determination (BRAD), project accounting, and any related rules do not apply. Only products that are stocked and released to the specified legal entity can fulfill replenishment requisition demand.

Assume that your organization requires office-chairs for new joiners. So your HR team raises a PR for those quantities to fulfil the need/demand. This is Consumption.

Assume that each year (throughout year) around 100 new joiners enter into your organization and 40 people get separated. So the demand of Office-chairs is 60 in general per whole year. Now, your HR manager in the beginning of the year plans to fill the inventory and raises the PR for 60 Office-chairs and submits the request to Purchase department. These 60 chairs may not be consumed immediately and may not be procured immediately. So here the request fulfilment is on the need basis, hence it is required that the demand is part of master schedule plan to generate necessary supply through planned purchase/production/transfer orders. This is Replenishment.

Refer this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/gg231099.aspx which is quite informative.