Possible bug in purchase approval

Hi all,

I’m experiencing a strange behaviour with NAV 2013. The situation is the following:

1. Sue is a purchase operator who has to obtain the approval for all the purchase orders from her boss

2. Ann is Sue’s boss. After her approval she need to obtain an approval from the director for all the purchase order

3. The director has a limit of 50000 for purchase approval, after that he need to ask to the approval to the president

4. The president is full emporewed with unlimited purchase approval

I’ve setup the staff in the following way

• Sue has Ann as the approver

• Ann has the director as the approver

• The director has the president as the approver and he also has the purchase limit of 50000

• The president has no approver and the unlimited purchase approval flag.

The test setup approval seems OK.

When Sue issue a purchase order under the 50000 limit everything works as expected.

When Sue issue a purchase order above the 50000 limit then after the director approval the status of the order change in releasead (wrongly if I understand correctly) and no approval request arrive to the president.

Then we tried having Ann to issue the order above the 50000 limit. In that case the director approval is not sufficient (as we expected) and the system correctly asks for the president approval before releasing the order.

Is there any known bug in the approval process?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Regards,

Daniele

Hello Daniele,

We have exactly the same issue. Did you find a solution? Is it bug in Approval Set up for Purchase Amount Approval in NAV 2013.

Its really strange! Weve made some test setting up exactly the same flow for Sales Amount Approval and Request Amount Approval. There it works as expected.

Thanks in advance!

Regads, Nadia