Permission-Table Data, Table Object

hi

anyone knows when to use table, table data in permission table setup?

Difference between Table and table Data is

[b]Table - This is the Table Objects themselves, the definition of the tables, the keys, and the trigger codes.

TableData - This refers to the data stored in the tables. This is what gives you permission to read or write the data in the database.[/b]

Generally we give access to all tables by setting 0

and restrict users by appropriate table data (in reading,inserting,modifying and deleting)

hi mohana,

but its really not so useful to grant them all access to table object, we can grant access to other object and restrict them in table data level as your recommendation.

may i check any websites/ references/ documentation from anywhere to read further?

Check the existing roles in cronus database how they are mapped…

hi mohana,

sorry for the late reply, as from your suggestions, i was only able to view 1 single user which is sa in cronus, there isnt any other user though. and the sa is given all administrative rights. apart from it i am able to see permissions but the important thing i feel is member of table that decides which permission certain user role had. is there any guide or reference articles/ links that i can read up/ find out further?

You should check at roles not at users…

As per me there is no such document but you can give a try in partnersource or customersource

I dont think so that any detailes documents will be available for Roles and permissions. go to the different Roles–> permission. you can see how they have configured different roles and permissions. Hence you can try by urself. The thing is that you can easily configure the permissions for roles if you know what are all the tables, forms, codeunits,table data etc, is used for a particular process like Sales Order, payment Master creation etc.

hi vipin,

thats what i did, going through individual objects(forms, menusuite)> triggers and see what are the other objects involved…

If you click dropdown button in Object Type…you will see all involved objects

hi mohana_cse06,

got that, thanks

Welcome [:)]