Passing Decimal Fields

I’m writing routines that output from Navision and subsequently input back into Navision, using .csv files. What do I need to do to ensure that decimal fields are handled properly? Want to maintain same number of decimal places in source as in target. Ex. 123.45678 → 123.45678 Thanks in advance.

Note: I tried to use EVALUATE on the receiving end, but this didn’t seem to work. Need to both output the proper number of decimal places into a text field on .csv file, then receive it and convert back into decimal

Hi, Normally, if you define your dataport field value as Decimal, you shoudn’t have any problem. However, if you try to import a value with 5 decimals to a field/variable set to DecimalPlaces=2:2, the system will round the value automatically. Do you have a problem when you export or when you import? When exporting, take a look at the FORMAT property. When importing, you can look at the OnBeforeEvaluateField trigger (dataport field). You may also be interested to look at this topic: http://www.navision.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11153