Outlook Integration extensions

I’m exploring the possibilities of Navision CRM version 3.70, and I must say: [:D]! But, as always, you want to have the damn little program to do just a little bit more [}:)]: Synchronize the following with Outlook (one way of course) - Activity Log Entries (attachment also, or am I asking too much?) - Profile list entries - Opportunities (just the header) Already asked in another thread: - pre-assign some To-Do types to Sales Person Are there any developments/experiences on this subject? Or should I buy Microsoft CRM [:(]

Microsoft CRM is a LOT more difficult to customize than Navision, so don’t get that unless it fits your needs very well. You will hear in sales demo’s that it is easily customizable, but that is not the case. It is very easy to ADD fields/tables/functionality to Microsoft CRM, but it is almost impossible to change out-of-the-box functionality. Navision on the other hand, you can screw up as much as you want :). Microsoft CRM also does not have an integration module with Navision yet. We created a little customer specific one, and we’re talking about developing a more generic solution, but there’s no Microsoft released integration for Navision yet.

quote:

Originally posted by DenSter
Navision on the other hand, you can screw up as much as you want :).

And for that reason, Daniel, I would want to use Navision CRM! Thanks for you reply, but you don’t have any experience in ‘hacking’ the Outlook Integration?

I haven’t really looked into it very much. The only thing I know is that the Outlook integration is very sensitive (as far as which Outlook version you are running, the order in which you install things, which hotfix you apply, etc.) I’ve seen issues with a blank email address in email logging being solved by applying a fix to the email field validation in the outlook integration module. We’re basically limited to what is available in the Outlook integration objects that Navision gives us. I have no idea if what you want is included in those, but talk to your NSC and they can find that out for you. Veel plezier :slight_smile:

Thanks Daniel, I’m already talking to my NSC, but, as you know, always have a second opinion [8D]! Later!