OrderMode property and Sorting node in reports are not available in AX 2009

Hi All,

I m facing an starnage problem while creating report. I created a new report in AX 2009 and added a salesTable in its query datasource. Now I open the properties woindow of the query datasource. There I can’t see the OrderMode property. Also the Sorting node under the datasource is not available in this case. But these things are there in all of the standard reports. Can you please tell me how I can get these things in my reports also.

Thanks,
Ambanna Yatnal

HI Ambanna,

When you create the report through ‘Report wizard’ then you can find the ‘Order Mode’ property for the data source and also the ‘Sorting’ node in the datasource.

You can find the report wizard 'Tools — Development Tools – Wizards – Report Wizards.

Thanks…

Thanks Naresh,

Actually i was trying for sub totals, It works fine when we design in AutoDesignSpecs (we create report through wizard it puts design in AutoDesignSpecs) but when I moved the design to GeneratedDesign sub total is not working. Even when I set the same property to fields sub total is not working.

Is there any other way to add sorting node or only with report wizard.

Thanks,
Ambanna Yatnal

how you are getting subtotal?

You can use sum control for that…

Hi Kranthi,

By using AutoSum property in sorting/order by section and SumAll property in design.

HI Ambanna,

I tried totals are workign fine…

1.By keeping the AutoSum property in sorting

2.By keeping the SumAll peoperty in the design of the Body to which fields want to display the toals.

3.And by keeping the ModelFieldName property for the Sum control in the design of Footer

[Ex: Just want to diaply the SalesLineAmount field totals… the Field have the name in the design as SalesLine_LineAmount…Now for the Sum control in the footer keep the ModelFieldname as SalesLine_LineAmount]

Thanks,

Good morning Naresh Kumar, sorry to me it’s the same happened to Ambanna, and try to make it to the wizard but still can not see the option mode and Sorting node in the Data source

Can you help me

I seek to create a sales report but which are classified by various types and each type I want a subtotal and finally a general tota.

Greetings

Hi Antonio,

Please check the docuement in th link,it may be useful…

http://cid-0b5669924378bbb7.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Dynamics%20AX2009%20CookBook?uc=2

Thanks,