open posting

Hi, i have a question how to close open positions in the items.

We do not use the bookkeeping files, just the items/stockfiles and production files

If i want to change the basic unit in an items i get the message cannot change as one or moren open ledges entries.

We book materials in and out through the items journal

The item we want change has an open entry with hook. Now how to close it?

If i go fo finman/Inv/Costing and try to post it in post inv to GL than i see the file is empty, same also with adj cost.

How to close this open file, so that i can change the basic unit?

thansk in advance

wolf

You can close the entries from Item Journal.

thanks for info, but still confused

let me give you the example

om 13.3. i entered through item ledger entry journal with purchase(not go through invopicing and supplier) the first stockentries with a wrong value

on 3.4. i changed the value of this item. Now i want change the basic unit, as this was also not the correct one. I cannot as, there is open entry (show open hook and positiv hook) if i go now to application and application worksheet, it show the entry from 13.3. but both lower windows are empty, so i cannot apply anything.

So the question is now, as we do not use the financial bookeeping how to get rid of the open entry.

regards

R u working on Item Journal and choosing the open entries from ‘Applies-To Entry’ lookup field?

to close an item entry you have to remove the quantity from stock, either by selling it, consuming it in production or making a negative adjustment on the journal.

to close it for a certain item, make a negative adjustment on item journal for the available quantity and it will be closed