No. Series doesn't always role forward

Navision Attain V.3.60.A Occasionally, in my Purchase Journal, my default document numbering series does not increment, as it should. The result is an error message when I try to post my batch stating that the number has already been used. I’ve never had a problem with numbers incrementing before, is there something that causes this? Is there some way to fix this? Thank you

Hi When you specify a balancing account the document number balances, and going to the next line the document number will increment on. If you do not specify any balancing account Navision assumes the next line is the balancing entry and therefore does not increment the number and instead repeats the number. Unsure if this is your issue though as you get the message number already used?

Thank you Steven, however, I am aware of the balancing increment procedure. My issue does not seem to be related to this feature. My problem lies within the actual numbering series not incrementing.

quote:

Originally posted by SBWEAVER
Hi When you specify a balancing account the document number balances, and going to the next line the document number will increment on. If you do not specify any balancing account Navision assumes the next line is the balancing entry and therefore does not increment the number and instead repeats the number. Unsure if this is your issue though as you get the message number already used?

Are You sure no other user has posted in the same no.serie during the time You have worked with You journal?

Lars, Each batch has been assigned to it’s own numbering series. I think that this would prevent one user from using another’s numbering series.