New Year Resolutions

Hi dudes/dudettes, Hope you had good Christmas’s… This post is about New Year Resolutions, past resolutions, failed resolutions and resolutions for 2004 are all valid… Mine is (were)… 2004 - “The Year of Saying YES to everyone!” 2003 - “The Year of Unleashing the Fury” 2002 - “The Year of Zero Tolerance” Later Ade [}:)]

quote:

2004 - “The Year of Saying YES to everyone!”

…except for the kids! If you develop software for a living this is also a bad one. Mine are: 1. To finally go and see a Kiropractor about my back. There was a time I had a pain in a specific place, now I can’t find anywhere that doesn’t. The problem is I’m too chicken! Maybe this is a dull one, but very (kiro)practical. 2. To drink even more coffee - my intake is not nearly enough to keep going in the fast lane. (2005, will probably graduate to Jack Daniels). 3. To complain at every opportunity about poor customer service in every industry I come into contact with. Today I stood 20 minutes at a desk at Ikea waiting for help in the wardrobe section. A passing employee then said ‘oh, that computer is not working, you’ll have to find another’. I later waited at the paying counter in a queue that would dwarf that of a Lord of the Rings premier. Enough is enough - 2004 is my Zero Tolerance year. So, in my best internet-abrevi-slang : HNY ppl.

Hi Robert, interesting about the back. I finally decided to go to a chiropractor some months ago. After xrays etc. they determined that my back was fine, but that my neck was bent (the wrong way, it should curve backwards, mined curved forwards) the reason … you don’t need to even ask, 8 hours a day for xx years bent down looking at my laptop screen. After so many years, the neck bends forward, and stays there. It has taken 6 months to fix my neck, but the back pains just disapeared on their own. Do it ASAP!!! Any way, long term there are two service packs available. 1/ I now have a Dell, and they have a laptop stand (D/View Notebook Stand) that supports the laptop in the correct position. 2/ Get an external LCD, and make sure you are looking slightly up at the screen, and never down. Also make sure you stop looking at the key board when typing. This not only wreacks havock on your neck, but damages your eyes as well. PS: Damn I wish I new this xx years ago. PPS: After xx years of using IBMs and HPs, I was suprised to find that there are actually other notebook manufacturers out there.

I’m curious, David. Even though you are using the laptop with Dell’s stand and - I presume mandatory - also an external keyboard, have you changed your opinion since the “Best Notebook” thread (http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6929)?

quote:

Originally posted by David Singleton My advise, get the one with the best keyboard. (By default that means IBM or HP, and absolutely eliminates Dell and Sony).

After looking around quite a lot, I find Dell’s keyboard’s to be the absolute best. At least, for me they are. Sorry, Akers, for going off-topic.

Yes they have improved a lot. The key board is still not as good as an IBM, but now as good as an HP. Though it does depend on the model. Most of the Dell keyboards are still bad though. PLEASE try the keyboard first if you are getting a Dell. Problem is that IBM don’t support the wide screen format (which is great for development), otherwise I would have stuck with IBM. In my earlier posting I mentioned that Dell were getting better, and I am always willing to give some one a chance. I still prefer IBM though. I just wish they had bigger screens.

Actually my resolution for 2004 is “Smile at one person you don’t know and one person you do know everyday…” [:D]

<< (",) <( )> ,J L, Live & Let Live… [:D]