Navison 2.60.C and SQL Server 2000

I have Navision 2.60.B working with SQL Server 2000. I have information from Navision referencing installing 2.60.C on all client computers. My NSC has said there is not a version 2.60.C of the executable. Navision refers to a service pack for 2.60.C. The DLL I installed is ndbcs.dll and it was necessary to get 2.60.B to work with SQL Server 2000. There is also an extended stored procedure necessary to add to the SQL Server master database to use Windows authentication. If anyone wants details, I will be happy to provide them. David Rochford Zesco Products 317-269-9300 x188 david@zesco.com

Hi there, I’d like full details as I have an install coming up (ie. 2.60B on SQL2000 until the 2.60C patch is available). Thanks, Andre Rencontre BCompSci, MCSE HLB Mann Judd Victoria, Australia

Hi David, I’m interested in these details, too. My Email is: pulsfort@wias.de Thanks a lot in advance, Frank

Hallo David, we have big problems working with the Navision 2.60C, SQL Server 2000 (Win2000 Adv. Server). If the Navision Table contains keys with SumIndexFields, or fields with FlowFilter, then sinks the performance (Navision forms/reports are very slow). Maybe can YOU help us ? Thanks a lot in advance Julius Konz mailto:juliusk@lexware.de

Hi everybody, I am very interested in getting all possible details about Navision SQL Option, and I have some questions I would like to get an answer. I just have finished migrating Financials from 2.50 to 2.60B SQL and during the testing I notice that it is slower than I expected. Hardware on Navision-Server: 1 GB RAM, 2x 667 Pentium III, 18 GB HD Mirrored Software: Win NT 4.0, SQL 7, Financials 2.60B Financials Database: 2.5 GB and here are the questions? I only received these files as the difference between Financials 2.60A and 2.60B DBM.DLL FIN.EXE FINSQL.EXE NDBCS.DLL and no code changed at all. Is that correct? What are the differences between 2.60B and 2.60C? Is the Service Pack for 2.60C now available? Thanks a lot in advance, Jesús

Hello Jesus, the german and the worldwide upgrade from 2.60A to 2.60B containes of the following (the spanish version i do not know - sorry): - application changes (one .fob-file) - four files for the client-directory (if using the navision-database, then the dbm.dll should also be copied into the server-directory): dbm.dll fin.exe finsql.exe ndbcs.dll - four files for users of C/FRONT - four files for users of C/ODBC The Version 2.60C is available and is recommended by navision for all users of the SQL-database (Version 7 and Version 2000). The upgrade to 2.60C is one file for the client: ndbcs.dll and a stored procedure: xp_ndo.dll The extended stored procedure should be added to the SQL Server following the standard procedure in \sql_esp\readme.txt of your product-CD. There are also some word-docs for the upgrade, that you should read. There the differences between the versions are described and also the way to upgrade from 2.60B to 2.60C. You can’t only copy the file and run the stored procedure. Let your NSC send you this files.

Tanks Richard for your Very Quick reply. I will try 2.60C as soon as possible.

Financials 2.60D (SP4) is up! Performance optimizing of the SQL is part of this update - How much I don’t know yet. Furthermore Financials now works with the SQL 7.0 SP3 Get the update from your local NSC! Regards Thomas