Navision BLOBs / Text files

Hi, Does anyone know of a way to decode a navision blob? If i export a blob from the object table (i.e. tabel 27) is there anyway i can then decode the export file so it looks like an exported text file. OR Does anyone know of a way to export an navision object (i.e. a table / report…) to a text file automatically through code calls? I can do it using a macro but it still error prone. Anyone got any ideas as to how i can get a text version of a navision object without manually exporting the object as text?

Hi Rick Just a short search here with “export object code” http://www.navision.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4251 Hope this helps. bye André

quote:

Originally posted by RickDeeDumMS
Hi, Does anyone know of a way to decode a navision blob? If i export a blob from the object table (i.e. tabel 27) is there anyway i can then decode the export file so it looks like an exported text file. OR Does anyone know of a way to export an navision object (i.e. a table / report…) to a text file automatically through code calls? I can do it using a macro but it still error prone. Anyone got any ideas as to how i can get a text version of a navision object without manually exporting the object as text?

If it helps… you can always get the version of a navision object from the virtual table “Object”. Just create a variable type record subtype Object and filter by the type of object (tabledata, table, form, report, codeunit or dataport) and the object number for getting it’s version. Regards