NAV 4 sp3 in Windows 7

Hi, Is there a way to install nav 4 sp3 in windows 7? or this a patch or hotfix for it? Hoping for your reply. Thanks

Hi,

Have a look at Erik’s blog on this

http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/admin/archive/2009/08/27/no-old-versions-of-navision-on-windows-7-for-me.aspx

Yes NAV 4.0 SP3 installs without problems on Windows 7, just make sure you have one of the latest builds. I have seen reports on problems with older builds (sub-versions).

Hi,

I just got the latest NAV 4 sp3 from Partnersource with the date modified 8/23/2009. I hope this will work.

Otherwise please let me know which build you’re using.

Hi Sir,

This is the version I downloaded 4.0.3.25143 please advise if this is the right one.

Thanks

Build 25143 should work fine. But newer builds does exists.

Thanks, I’ll try this first.

Hi,

I run the Finsql in Cside folder and try to connect to NAV, but it give an error about TRACE FLAG 4616, But I already set it -T4616 to the Startup parameter of my SQL server. Hoping for your reply.

Thanks

You need to restart SQL Server for it to take effect.

yes, I already restart the SQL server. But still give me the same error. Can you give other Build No. that work in Window 7? Hoping for your reply.

Thanks

To test if it works, then try to start the FIN.EXE instead of FINSQL.EXE.

Hi,

The FIN.EXE is working fine, I try to open a native database and it work, but when I try to use FINSQL.EXE and connect to our SQL database. It 'always give that error.

Please set the trace flag on sql server using the following command…

Execute the following sql command…

DBCC TRACEON (Type the trace flag id, Eg: 4616);
GO

Revert if you still have the problem

to set: dbcc traceon (4616, -1)

to check: dbcc tracestatus

P.S. -1 is for global setting