Nav 4.00 SP2 and PDF

Well I am sure we all heard about the fact that Service Pack 2 supports PDF files, and the change document confirms it with this very usefull bit of information:

quote:

P9) Navision Support Of .fdf File Format Feature Navision now supports the .fdf file format for creating .pdf documents based on data in Navision. This feature has been implemented fin.stx KB reference: 911574

But does anyone know how to actually create a PDF? Is this implemented similar to SAVEASHTML? Anyone?

No, it just means that FDF has been added to the known file extension list in fin.stx. Basically, all it does is allow HYPERLINK to correctly open an FDF file. The description is completely misleading, I initially installed an SP2 client for the sole purpose of seeing a “Save As PDF” function, either in the C/AL editor or in the File menu… total disappointment, of course. I have since given up on SP2 until they clean up their act.

… at least I wasn’t the only one searching, and searching, and searching for this new feature, and in the end just something for HYPERLINK… that’s not really what someone expects after reading this text… And I remember, me making publicity in another thread about this as most interesting new feature of SP2… [V] Saludos Nils

quote:

No, it just means that FDF has been added to the known file extension list in fin.stx. Basically, all it does is allow HYPERLINK to correctly open an FDF file.
Originally posted by nelson - 2006 May 16 : 15:02:55

I recently tested HYPERLINK and already in Navision 2.6 HYPERLINK opens a PDF-file. See the following post for more information: http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16982

But it says :

quote:

Navision now supports the .fdf file format for creating .pdf documents based on data in Navision.

Creating I read as being different to opening? So should we just install SP1, and forget about this version? Anyone know when the hot fix is coming out to fix the Report margins error.

The rollup for the report margin problem was released today, at least here in the US. You can find it on partnersource. /Daniel