Using HYPERLINK to run external applications

Hello, I’m using HYPERLINK(‘path+file / url’) to open all kinds of documents and webpages. This works fine in Navision 2.6 on a Windows XP pc. HYPERLINKS opens the document in the program that is associated with the extension. No problems there. Nevertheless I guess this doesn’t work for every Windows-version. Does anybody have an idea if that’s right? Has anybody tested HYPERLINK on different OS’s?

I would not want to send code to a cleint and guarantee that it will work on any system. I think you would need to test it on each platform to be sure.

Hi David, Off course I was hoping someone had already done such tests… [:(] I also expect this not to work on every system. I’ll follow your suggestion and start testing. Thanks,

I’ve tested it and it works on a 98-pc. When I accidently typed the wrong path (c:\test.txt instead of c:\tests.txt) I received the message that at least Windows 95- or Windows NT 4.0-pc is needed and a web-browser has to be installed. So I’m gonna believe the message and stop testing. [:D]

Hyperlink does not support all filetypes. You can also use Windows scripring host for this.

quote:

Hyperlink does not support all filetypes. You can also use Windows scripring host for this.
Originally posted by marq - 2006 May 12 : 09:00:09

I’ve only tested the most common filetypes for documentation: doc, xls, txt, bmp, pdf. They work. Opening .fob with fobviewer also works fine! I’ve not yet worked with Windows scripting host. Do you perhaps know which filetypes it doesn’t support?

quote:

I’ve not yet worked with Windows scripting host.
Originally posted by tinoruijs - 2006 May 12 : 09:29:17

Just made a test.vbs with some copy/pasted-code from internet. Works nice! [8D]

I know it is ‘the other site’ but I suggest reading this http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8658 [:D]

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by tinoruijs - 2006 May 12 : 09:34:18

[Sigh…] What do you mean ???

quote:

I know it is ‘the other site’ but I suggest reading this http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8658 [:D]
Originally posted by marq - 2006 May 12 : 09:34:26

I’ve read it. Clear. There can be some problems with opening .tif and .tiff-files. It works fine on my pc. But since it’s not working on every pc, I’ll the client he can’t use .tif or .tiff. Thanks!

quote:

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by tinoruijs - 2006 May 12 : 09:34:18

[Sigh…] What do you mean ???
Originally posted by marq - 2006 May 12 : 09:35:47

I googled for ““Windows scripting host” example” and pasted the code I found in “test.vbs”. Off course I checked the code first before running. [;)]

AH. OK.[8]

Hi,

I want to see the BOM level of an item in AX 2009. In the BOM that I just created, the BOM level always shows zero even when the BOM level should be 1, 2, and so on. What wonders me more is that in the existing BOMS, the BOM levels are correctly displayed.

Can someone help me if I missed a step to update the BOM levels?

Also, the table I’m looking at is Inventtable, is there anyone there who knows other table that shows the BOM level?

Thanks,

Bella

:slight_smile: Got the answer in my own question… For those who might experience the same case, this is the link http://fedotenko.info/?cat=36 thanks, denisfed! :slight_smile:

Hi Bella,

When you create a BOM and assign the BOM lines (sub items of BOM) and once you approve the BOM, it will show you the level zero in the BOM item and we can view this in item form > reference (tab).

BOM item will show you the LEVEL as ZERO and its BOM lines will show you level as LEVEL 1. If you have a Sub-BOM items assigned in the BOM lines, then it will show LEVEL 2 for those Sub-BOM items. like wise it will fallow the levels.

Sarathy