Nav 4.0 Remaining Qty Negative in Item Ledger Entry

Dear,

Im using Navision 4.0 I need help with to fix Total Remaining Qty of Item Ledger Entry, first i want to explain why this situation occurred.
Before our database server got crashed and Table Item Ledger Entry got un-repaireable data. and then some one
had inserted the Item Ledger Entry data with Value Entry completely (all including Quantity, Remaining Quantity, and Cost)
in result when ever User want to make Invoice Sales or Return Order, the system rejecting the process because of the Remaining Quantity is negative in total.
So far i have tried to Querrying the Item Ledger Entry and found that many Items with Open = Yes and Applies-to Entry = 0
with negative Qty and Cost.
Could i try to fix this with :

1. Make an Item Journal Positive and Apply it with the Negative Entries with the same Qty and Cost Amount?
  2. After that Adjust Cost to fix the Value Entry according to Item Ledger Entry

Can someone advise me, if these solutions are correct? or Anyone have other options? thanks in advance.

In such a case when DB has become inconsistent and corrupt it is very hard, if not impossible, to clean up the mess.

I wouldn’t dare advice you to some concrete actions, as not seeing the situation any remote advice could lead to even more messing the things up.

Restoring a backup made before the server crash is the only way to get back a guaranteed healthy data, and even if you’ll need to re-enter transactions entered after that backup was made, it may take less time and effort, than trying to “revive a dead horse”.

Besides, you can never know are those the only corrupted table(s) - there are hundreds of them in NAV DB, additional problems may occur over time. You can’t know for sure the system is reliable and consistent again even if you somehow manage to cure currently known issues.

Dear Modris Ivan,

Well yes i thought same solution is the best is to restore from “normal” database backup, too bad our Hardware Support in here not do their job correctly and ignored some important task like “backup”. And me also just recently join this company, and make me kinda frustated seeing these IT Staff like these. Anyway it seems Moving Value entry to Item Ledger Entry is very very bad idea… and for anyone who suffer the same like me, better with posting new Item Stock with same Cost with Value Entry if possible, and to check remaining Qty could take from Item Application Entry, which will give you exact Qty if you sum it, better than Value Entry…

Thanks