Nav 2009 SP1 - license permission

Hi
I can open the role tailored client with the Cronus license.
After uploading my company license with the classic client to the master db I can open the database with this classic client but not with the role tailored client.
According to the Nav Partner my license should include roletailored client support.
Viewing the license content under Tools/license information no Granule 9100 information is included.

Can I manually check, if RTC is really supported by my license?

Patrick

What is the issue/error?

Hi and thanks for your post:

The message is:

You do not have permission to run the ‘Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server’ System. Contact your system administrator to have your permissions changed.

Any ideas?

It SHOULD, but according to msg you receive when trying to run RTC it does NOT. Seemingly you have a long ago issued license file, ask your Partner to update it.

In fact, you won’t see it in Granule list even in the updated .FLF file, as that granule is, as of December 15th 2010, included in the Foundation pack free of additional charge. Before that date customers had to pay extra about $500 for it.

Thanks for your answer.

Then my partner will give me the update with no additional charge even when I have purchased the license before December 15th 2010?

Generally - yes, but there is one condition, you must be on active Maintenance plan.

If you are not, you can’t get that new license file, as MS policies simply do not permit ANY license change/update activities at all, regardless of the reason. Customer can’t buy objects for use in customized solutions, add new granules or buy third-party add-ons, in a word, license is “frozen” in it’s current state.

OK, thanks a lot for your information.