Nav 2009 R2 RTC User Personalisation

Hi,

Recently we installed NAV 2009 on new server and restored the data from the old server but User personalization is missing from the clients, can anyone guide me on how to get those user personalization on the new server clients.

Thanks
John

Hi John,
The RTC user personalization is stored in the database. So if you’re still using the same database, then the personalization shold also be there. It was only the classic clients that had the *.zup files you needed to copy.

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your reply, All the user personalization is disappeared after we installed to new server, for your information we changed the NAV/SQL server and even the domain controller , we installed it in a new domain.
Does the domain name/NAV server name effect or not. The database name is still the same.

Best Regards
John

Changing the server name does not effect it. The personalizations are stored in a table (no. 2000000073). So try to run that table and see if their personalizations are not still there?

But if the domain for the users have also changed, then the user names are no longer the same (different SID and different user id), and then NAV has no way of know which users had which accounts before.

If this is the case. Then it could still technically be done. You could change the old user id and SID’s to the new values in table 2000000073. I think that it would not be that difficult to create a SQL script that could do it, if not done from NAV. But create a test database where you try it, before doing it on your actual system. [:)]

Hi Erik,

I checked Table no. 2000000073, this table saves the value we selected in user personalization card which means it has saved the User SID from the new server, and user ID as newdomain\user , this info is correct but i want to know which table saves the personalization link ie the actual personalization.

Best Regards
John

Sure, my fault. It’s table 2000000080 (Page Data Personalization).

Hi Erik,

That was a great help, the Table 2000000080 was having records with user SID of old domain, i just had to change this with appropriate user SID of new domain.

Thanks
John