Multiple Item Discounts???

I’m not sure if this is in the correct section or not.

Can anybody tell me if I can set up NAV to give an extra discount to a customer if they order a specific number of items in a certain range? For example we are running a promotion on our binoculars and rifle scopes where the customer gets 10% discount but we want to give an extra 5% if the customer orders any 3 in the range. I have been told this is called compound discounts but when i searched NAV help it didn’t bring any results.

We have NAV classic 2009.

Yes, you can do that…

Check in Item Card under Sales–>Line Discounts…

Here you can enter customer No and minimum qty,discount and starding date and ending date…

I think he wants to setup a discount for any combination of items, though, which as far as I know is not possible without modification. For example, you can’t say “If you buy item A and item B and item C you get a 15% discount.”

You could say “If you buy 3 of item A you get a 15% discount”. Essentially, the discount looks at a single sales line, not multiple.

Yes Matt that is what I wanted to be able to do, thats a bit of a pain if we can’t do it.

Essentially it’s the same as the Buy 1 of Item A get Item B for free problem. Restated, that’s buy 1 of Item A, get Item B at 100% discount. Which is definitely not possible without customization.

to summarize:

• discounts can’t be combined
  • discount rules are in one line context only - you can’t use as condition some data in other line(s), that for impossible is buy 5 AAA, get 1 BBB free and alike)

Navision has a different feature: you can define discount/pricing rules that overlap, say,CustomerGroup has a discount, some Items have volume discounts, plus a campaign price exists for given Item + Customer + Date + Qty bought combination.

In case when several conditions fulfill, Navision uses a complicated algorithm to determine the best (read lowest possible) price and/or discount.

Adding there a modification that analyses ALL lines (Items) in SO will be extremely difficult, as possible combinations grow in geometrical progression. First thing to change should then be NOT allowing to enter the some Item in more than one line, which in standart is possible.

One workaround might be - create a KIT… But Kitting is not available in all localisations even now.

We will have to look into it and see what we can do. The only other thing is sales will have to try to remember to put the extra disount on the SO when they raise it. Thanks anyway guys.