Retail Online Store discount for purchasing in multiples

Hello,

I am trying to determine if I will be able to accomplish a discount for “multiples” in an AX 2012R3 retail online store. Specifically, I would like to offer a $5 per item discount when products from a specific group are purchased in pairs of 2. For example, an item costs $30 but if you purchase 2 at a time (from a group), the price is $5 off each so they now sell for $25 each. If the customer buys a 3rd item, that one sells for full price of $30. In order to get the deal on that one they would need to buy a 4th one and so on. I believe this may be possible with retail mix-and-match discount but I cannot experiment with it in my current test environment so I don’t know how it will treat the price on the 3rd item in this example. I have additional scenarios where the multiple required may be 6, 12, 24, etc. and the products in the group can be extensive (from 6 to 450). Does anybody know if this is the correct approach to discounting products only when they are sold in specific multiples? The retail kit function doesn’t seem appropriate. Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Jason

Hey Jason,

Not real sure if this works or not, but you could try creating a new UOM for “pair” or something like that and then creating a trade agreement journal for that UOM. I’m not sure if AX will only look for that particular UOM’s trade agreement line, or if it’ll just do a conversion…

Something to try, I guess.

-Jake

Hi Jake, Thanks for the input. If I understand your suggestion correctly, that wont allow for the mixing of other products to reach the multiple needed for a discount since that agreement would only pertain to that one product. I need to allow the customer to choose any 2 from a large group of options to create the “pair”. As for the trade agreement based on that or any particular UOM, AX will apply a trade agreements only to the respective UOM.

Hallo Jason,

This discount scenario you can setup in Mix-and-match. Go through following steps.

1. Create new Mix-and-Match Discount
  2. Set Mix and match line group. You can find this in menu bar.
    1. Line group – A ( if not available you have to create)
    2. Number of product needed – 2
    3. Line colour – as you like.
  3. General:- Select currency and Discount account in General tab. Select discount currency mode is “Best Price”.
  4. Price/discount – Discount Type: - Select Discount Amount and enter 5 in discount amount value in.
  5. Validation Period: - Configure as per requirement. I have selected stander.
  6. Lines: - Add new Line
    1. Category – Select your require group. Ex – Electronics or Computers
    2. Product – Keep it blank
    3. Product Variant - Keep it blank
    4. Unit – select unit
    5. Line Group – A
  7. Select the price group and the channel for which you want to apply the discount from price group button in menu bar.
  8. Make sure status is enable after all setup done.
  9. Go through data sync process as per requirement.
  • Rahim Meer

Thanks Rahim,

That makes perfect sense, I appreciate the detailed steps. As I mentioned it seemed like this was the correct feature to perform this discount but I was unable to experiment in our current test environment so it very helpful to know that I wont require customs to do it. I have some additional online store questions but I’ll ask those in separate posts. Thanks again for your help on this one.

Regards,
Jason