MS Dynamics NAV Classic: Saving Settings

Hi, I’m new here so pardon me if I am not posting this on the correct channel.

We are using MS Dynamics NAV Classic and recently when I logged out of the system all my preferences were gone leaving me to arrange things all over again. Is there a way I can save my settings/preferences once I logged in so I don’t have to set up everything each time i log in? Thanks for any help

Did you change computers? The older versions of Dynamics NAV had a .zup file that was saved on the Users workstation, not on the server. This meant if you switched computers your preferences would be lost, unless you moved the .zup file.

The .zup file gets updated when you close out of Dynamics NAV, so any changes you make should be saved as long as you are using the same computer every day.

In the later versions of Dynamics NAV the .zup file was stored on the server. Which allowed Users to switch workstations without impacting their stored preferences. It could be possible someone accidentally cleared that file on the server. Again, it will rebuild that file the next time you start making preference decisions, so it shouldn’t be a repeat issue.

Best Regards,
Ben Baxter
Accent Software Inc

請先開啟後關閉,然後到以下路徑確認是否有.zup檔,
C:\Documents and Settings\電腦登入帳號\Application Data\