MRP create new Prod Order even so there is already one (but late)

Hi, I’need help.

This is the scenario.

Sales Order item A 1000 pcs delivery date . 01/20/08

Relesead Production Order item A 1000 pcs with a single line routing line on a external work area (subcontractor) with end date 01/18/08.

MRP propose to do nothing because the Prd.O end before delivery date. (that is OK)

it happens oft that the subcontractor is late of one 10 day, so i’have to modify the end date of the PO to 01/28/08. (the same happpens if i’ve problem with internal work area )

When i run again the MRP, it propose to create a new PO with end date 20/01/08: as i saw in the code, MRP consider that the Released PO (with posted item ledger entries) is not rescheduleable (flexibility “none”), and because the PO end after the Sales order delivery date mrp tell me to create new PO

The problem is that if i have not the component that are necessary to make the ProdOrder item, MRP could tell me to create new Purchase order for the component…

It is not simple to realize that the new Prd order is not necessary…in particular if i have 300/400 Prod order to manage…

I can realize that the Prdo. order is not necessary id the start date is in the short period or before today…

I’ve explain my custom that is not an error; usually, if the forecast/production manager work properly, at zero-period he have the supply to meet the demand in the short period (next 3-4 week).

So the manger have to plan the long run (i.e. next month)…so If the MRP propose to release new order in the past or in the short period this mean i’ve problem with supply and demand…

Nobody meet the same problem.???

It can be considered as a MRP bug, or not.???

Somebody try to modify MRP routine in order to let MRP reschedul RProd,order even so they have posted ledger entries???

thanks

ale

What are the settings on your item card regarding planning, and what version are you running?

Have you also considered altering the shipment date of the sales order to reflect the delay in production? You can still record the requested delivery date. I think you should get a reschedule message but it depends upon the scenario, settings and version.

DB Nav 4.2 Italian+Client 4.3 DB4.0 Italian+Client 4.3 But i remember that 3.70 had the same problem… Lot-for-Lot+Include Inventory Reserve= never Order Tracking Policy= none Reorder Cycle= 3 M The other planning parameter are blank. I’m not sure that in international version of navision there is the subcontractin granule…so i have make another case with a item with internl routings line (copied from item 1000. If yaou want to riproduce the case, insert : Sales order 100 pcs item A(copied from item 1000 cronus) with shipment date 27/01/01 Run MRP: he propose to create a Prod.Order of 100 pcs item A with due date 27/01/01 Accept message, create the CPO and change status in Released PO. Then receive outup of for example 22 pcs. Then suppose a productione machine has problem and the you have to slide the end date of the RPO, for example to 29/01/01, just 2 day after your shipment date. Then run again MRP: he propose to create a new Prod. Order of 78 pcs with due date 27/01/01. I think it is due because mrp not consider the existing RPO replanable, cause there are item ledger entries associates to the RPO. Before the output posting, mrp propose nothing… The problem is that with hunfred of PO, and with item that have “rapid” production lead time, it is very difficult to understand that the proposed PO is not necessary… thanks ale

Yep the key point here is the reporting of production. Once you have reported output the whole line kind of becomes fixed. I am not a developer so I cannot comment upon the code. As you have reported output and altered the date the production is not coming in too late, however it is fixed at coming in too late. The system then does not see this order, it is committed to the date, and you now have demand that is not fulfilled. I am sure a developer explained this to me technically a while ago but it is to do with the way the code calculates and what it can and cannot do. I am not sure if this is logged with Microsoft, but my suggestion when this happens is to look at the impact of the breakdown, which orders it affects. and then alter the shipment date to ensure no new plan are regenerated. I would also recommend you log it with Microsoft, if they know about it they might have a fix for it.