Metal Diecasting - Production of 2 Finished goods from a single Die

Dear All,

i have an environment where my customer sells Die-casted Metal Finished Goods. in their environment, they uses a Die(DIE A) which can produce 2 Finished Goods(FGA, FGB).

During Sales Order, they sell only 1 Finished Goods(FGA) which is produced by using DIE A. but during production, they will produce FGA and FGB as not to waste resources. they want the Sales Order to only reflect FGA.

In this case, is there any work around solution by using Std Navision Manufacturing granule? Appreciate if you could help out. thanks a bunch!

You can enter FGB as a by-product in the BOM by setting it as a negative line, but it will affect your costing throughout and you need to check how this flows through for you from a process and costing perspective. There have been several posts regarding this functionality in standard Navision on here, searching may give you more information and advice.

Dear Adam,

Thanks for your prompt reply, in this case, FGB is not a by-product as during the production, there is already a by-product(spilled liquid metal) which they will reuse it back as a raw material. for by-product is not a problem here.

btw, i have found a better solution which i think its good to share it here.

Solution.

Using an Assembly BOM to group the FGA and FGB → in sales order, select the Assembly BOM and explode the BOM. This will result in 2 detail line FGA and FGB.

In the Production Plan, select the sales header and pops the FGA and FGB in the Production Order. FGA and FGB shares the same routing setups. which will not cause any issues here…hehe!!! there will not be any costing problem if this is the case, am i right?