making fields as non-editable

Hi All,

Can any one say. How make the adding fields via personalizing in the grid as non-editable by using code X++.

Can you explain your question with more details? I cannot understand what is your requirement from what you mentioned. Thanks.

Hi Mr.J, thanks for the response. I am adding the fields in the form via personalization in AX4. After I added the fields, the added fields are in editable mode. I want to make that field as non-editable using code. Where I have to write the code for making that one as non-editable. And, this should be applicable only to my form only.

Kindly advice on this.

Why do you want to do it using code? You already have an option (Edit contents) to make the fields not editable while adding them using personalization.

Hi Kranthi,

That is one option, I know that but we have to customize based on the customers’ requirement. There are many users, so all of them will not know this functionality. So I am going for customization to make the process easier for the users.

Is there any option, for that. Please advice on this.

Why cannot you just set them non-editable at form level?

Yes, I can Kranthi. But the requirement is, it has to do via code level.

Hi RamanS

Could you please let us know in what scenario your field should be editable and in what scenario your field should be non editable.

Since your are adding field by personalized but there must be some scenarios where you to make the field editable. If you let us know that scenario then it become easy for us to provide solution.

For example: suppose that field need to editable for some specific user group or user. While personalized you have ask system (active / linkactive or update design method of form)to check whether user/user group are same or not if not then allow edit false for that field else allow edit make it true.

Please verify and let us inform for the same.

Thanks

Rohit

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the response.

Regards,

Raman S